Ivory white gaiwan tall
The professional tasting tool
Volume: 130 ml maximum and 115 ml in normal use
Weight: 157 gr
Made in Taiwan.
For any first tea tasting, I recommend that you use the most scientific, rational and neutral tool: the gaiwan. This is what professionals do. The advantages are:
- the taste is not very much influenced by the gaiwan,
- it's easy to open the lid of the gaiwan and smell the lid to evaluate if the tea is ready,
- you can also look at the color of the tea that floats over the lid. The color will darken as the tea brews,
- the leaves open under your eyes and are easier to see and study.
- the gaiwan is easy to empty and clean.
- one gaiwan can brew all your teas.
This is a very sturdy gaiwan and it pours very well. However, the edges do not flare out very much and it can be extremely painful for gongfu style tea.
Only registered users can post a new comment.