Ivory white gaiwan
The neutral tea tasting vessel
Volume: 120 ml maximum and 110 ml in normal use
Weight: 170 gr
Made in Taiwan.
For any first tea tasting, I recommend that you use the most scientific, rational and neutral tool: the gaiwan. This is what professionals do. The advantages are:
- the taste is not very much influenced by the gaiwan,
- it's easy to open the lid of the gaiwan and smell the lid to evaluate if the tea is ready,
- you can also look at the color of the tea that floats over the lid. The color will darken as the tea brews,
- the leaves open under your eyes and are easier to see and study.
- the gaiwan is easy to empty and clean.
- one gaiwan can brew all your teas.